Wednesday 30 January 2013

inspiring stuff from India.


This is a perfect example set by a youth of a Mother Nation that how u can defeat the most unfavorable situation and mold it into your way.
The vision to achieve his childhood goal helped 23-year-old J. Rajashekar Reddy qualify the final hurdle of becoming a chartered accountant. He is the first completely blind candidate in India to manage the feat.
After he lost his vision owing to a damaged optic nerve caused by brain tumor at the age of 11, Rajashekar never imagined that he would be able to script a sterling success.
This is what the words of a true winner:
“I went into depression and my parents had given up on me. I had never paid much attention to studies, but I am grateful to my grandmother who brought me to Hyderabad, after she heard of the Devnar School for Blind,” said Rajashekar, who found his feet after joining the school. A meeting with a career counselor at the school when he was in 10th standard set the pace for his career.
The profession of CA is an honored post in the society and hence I was motivated to pursue it. My father works as an electrician and mother is a homemaker. It is a little difficult for them to comprehend the sense of my achievement. In fact, looking at the jitters I was going through before my results were declared, my mother was worried that I chose a profession which causes stress and wanted me to relax at home.
My success is not mine alone but of all those volunteers, teachers, friends and mentors who supported me throughout.
Finally let me take this opportunity to give our good wishes for the brighter future of this brave son of our motherland,we all are really proud of you.
Last but not the least a visually-impaired person is as good as anyone and need not be pitied. They can reach the pinnacle of success through hard work.



For more such inspiring musings, please visit- 






No comments:

Post a Comment